Choosing a Tummy Tuck Surgeon
Selecting a plastic surgeon to perform your tummy tuck surgery is an important decision. There are many things to consider when making your choice. For example, does he/she:
- Have adequate tummy tuck training and surgical experience?
- Perform abdominoplasty at a safe, accredited facility?
- Provide before and after tummy tuck surgery photos of his or her past patients?
- Offer you the option of speaking with past abdominal patients?
- Perform the specific tummy tuck technique that you desire (traditional and/or mini tummy tuck surgery)?
These questions are important because they will help you determine if a plastic surgeon is right for you. The physician you decide upon must be someone who you feel confident in and comfortable with. Your time spent with the doctor you select will begin at the pre-operative stage and continue throughout your post-operative care.
Another thing to consider when choosing your surgeon is bedside manner. Does he or she make you feel comfortable? Is that doctor friendly and apathetic to your surgical needs? If you don't feel that a certain abdominoplasty specialist meets your criteria, keep searching until you find a physician who does.
Don't hesitate to meet with a handful of tummy tuck doctors before you choose the surgeon who will perform your procedure. More than one consultation is suggested before undergoing any surgical procedure.
View our extensive doctor database to find a tummy tuck expert in your area.