Robert Kotler, M.D., F.A.C.S., offers expert advice and useful tips on how to successfully prepare for the initial consultation in his latest book, "The Essential Cosmetic Surgery Companion: Don't Consult A Cosmetic Surgeon Without This Book!"
Having performed more than 6,000 major cosmetic procedures during his 28 years of private practice, Dr. Kotler will help guide your quest for information with this no-nonsense outline for investigating, interviewing, and selecting the best doctor for your procedure. A spin-off to his recent bestseller, "Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon: The Expert's Guide to Safe, Successful Surgery," this book ought to be tucked under your arm, accompanying each and every consultation visit. As founder of the Cosmetic Surgery Specialists Medical Group of Beverly Hills, Dr. Kotler admits that with so much information on the Web, some things are hard to digest. "It's meant to change the way people are educated," he says. "I've offered a formula -- a template. It's easy and efficient."
• How to Know if You're a Candidate for Cosmetic Surgery
• Learn how a 5-Minute Call Can Save You 2 Hours and $200 the telephone screening call is more important than you may have thought
• The 29 Most Important Cosmetic Surgery Consultation Questions
• Checklists for the most popular procedures focused questions to help you get the answers you need in order to make the best decisions
• A Cost Tabulation Worksheet
• Why the newest or latest procedure is not always the best option: credibility vs. marketing
• Operating Room and Anesthesia Issues
• A 37-Question Quiz to rate and compare each cosmetic surgery practice
• A Glossary of Medical Terms
• Anatomical Sketches illustrating incision techniques for top procedures
"The Essential Cosmetic Surgery Companion" is available through www.amazon.com and various bookstore outlets.