Choosing A Blepharoplasty Surgeon
To help you determine if a plastic surgeon meets your desired qualifications, consider the following. Does he/she:
- Have adequate eyelid surgery training and surgical experience?
- Perform blepharoplasty at a safe, accredited facility?
- Provide before and after eyelid surgery photos of their past patients?
- Offer you the option of speaking with his or her past eyelid surgery patients?
- Perform the specific blepharoplasty technique that you desire?
Additionally, it is important that you consider his or her personality when you are making a decision. The plastic surgeon's bedside manner; apathy, kindness, and attentiveness are characteristics not to be neglected.
A doctor and patient spend a great deal of time together, which begins in the initial consultation and will continue throughout post-operative care. Therefore, you will have a rewarding experience if you are happy when in the doctor you have chosen for your blepharoplasty procedure.
If any doctor who you meet with does not fulfill these expectations, you may consider a different physician. Remember, this is your surgery and you are in control of the blepharoplasty physician you choose. Continue your search until you meet the plastic surgeon who you feel can accomplish your surgical goals the best.
Please utilize our doctor directory to find a plastic surgeon in your area.