Choosing a Breast Reconstruction Surgeon
Aside from deciding to undergo breast reconstruction, the most important consideration you will have to make is choosing your plastic surgeon. It is in your best interest to do research on your potential doctors before selection one as your physician.
When consulting with a doctor, keep the following questions in mind; does he/she:
- Have adequate breast reconstruction training and experience?
- Perform breast reconstruction at a safe, accredited facility?
- Provide breast reconstruction pictures of his/her past patients before and after surgery?
- Offer you the option of speaking with past breast reconstruction patients?
- Perform the specific breast reconstruction techniques that you desire (Does the doctor offer the procedure using breast implants? Does he/she utilize the various flap methods?)
During your search for a skilled breast reconstruction expert, you will want to consider the doctor's surgical talents as well as their bedside manner. If you are unsatisfied with the prospective physician, for any reason, continue your search until you find the surgeon who is best suited for you and your specific needs.
Find a plastic surgeon today! Please feel free to search our extensive doctor database to locate a breast reconstruction surgeon that's right for you.